We’ve put together the ultimate social media image guide for 2022 – your one stop shop to every image size you need!
Have you ever captured the perfect image and thought it would look brilliant as your Facebook cover photo? Then, when you upload the photo, most of your amazing image is cropped and it looks awful?!
Getting your images right on the wide range of social media platforms can be tricky, especially when each one has a totally different set of rules. Look at Instagram for example, they love their squares! But it means that your sweeping landscape might not fare so well compared to your sleek portrait.
So, for business owners, it’s SO important to make sure your visual branding stays consistent on each social media platform. You want to ensure your images are perfect, especially with today’s very pernickety audience. A blurry, low res, or badly cropped image can put somebody off a profile page almost instantly!
Not only is it difficult to navigate all of the different dimensions, social media platforms are regularly updating their designs, often changing image sizes and requirements!
That’s why we’ve put together this social media image guide cheat sheet so you can make sure your social media images stay perfect in 2022.
Here, you can go through each image dimension requirements for the social media platform you’re talking about.
With a big thank you to our design friends at Adobe, we’ve compiled all their information into this one cheat-sheet for quick reference!
Social Media Image Guide:
- Profile image – 170 x 170 pixels on a desktop, 128 x 128 pixels on a smartphone, and 36 x 36 pixels on most feature phones.
- Cover image – 851 x 315 pixels
- Post image – 720, 960, or 2048 pixels wide, with flexibility with your corresponding heights.
- Profile image – 400 x 400 pixels
- Header image – 1500 x 500 pixels
- In-stream image – images are displayed at a 16:9 ratio of 600 x 335 pixels but they can be clicked and expanded up to 1200 x 675 pixels
- Square image – 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Landscape image – 1080 x 566 pixels
- Portrait image – 1080 x 1350 pixels
- Stories – 1080 x 1920 pixels (a 9:16 aspect ratio)
If you also want to improve your sales and revenue, let us help!
We are experts in the digital world and we can help ensure your website is working for you whilst also introducing you to our other digital services which can also help like: Search Engine Optimisation, Digital Marketing, Email Marketing or Content Creation.