Ecommerce Regional and National
We Can’t Reinvent The Wheel … But We Can Improve
Trends for 2021
This blog is a must-read for anyone with an eCommerce business.
We will give a guide as to what customers are expecting in 2021 from your online, digital presence.
It will reveal:
1.What is now ‘old news’ in terms of the user experience of your website.
2. How to encourage customers to buy more from you.
3. Simple tips to get you started.
And we always give you a takeaway … not the edible variety … but it is something that you can complete in order to kick start the next chapter of your eCommerce journey.
Is My Ecommerce Website Up To The Job?
With accelerated online activity across the globe, there is no excuse for a below-par eCommerce platform.
More and more of us are shopping online and purchasing services online, too.
The user experience of your eCommerce website is now more important than ever if you want ‘get noticed’ and get customer conversions.
My Galleries Sell My Products and Services
There was a time when galleries were all the rage.
A static page with a gallery of images is no longer sufficient as these do not allow for creativity and for the best visual experience for your website users.
Time to think ‘outside the box’.
Avoid lost sales and go omnichannel!
Your digital presence must now reach your target audience in a number of ways. This includes via desktops, mobile phones and tablets, along with exposure on your social media platforms, and through email marketing.
In other words, it’s time to cover all bases to get maximum exposure.
And don’t forget to ensure your website design is crisp, clean and with lots of breathing space.
Go For The Cross-Sell
If you’ve seen your competitors doing this, why aren’t you doing this, too? We are talking about cross-selling your products.
This is when a customer buys a product and is then prompted/tempted by an upselling block that features a related product.
If you want to do this, consider…
- Is your eCommerce platform able to do this?
- Once your eCommerce platform is set up to cross-sell, put some careful thought into which products you will suggest to your customers. So, for example, if you make bespoke gifts, and your customer has chosen some greeting cards, why not prompt them with gift wrap, gift tags or gift bags? This is nothing new, of course, as the big boys/girls such as Amazon have done this for a long time. However, you can ‘bespoke’ it for your business. Sticking with the above example, you could prompt your customer with related products and tell them the benefits of doing so … Something like: “Make That Gift Gorgeous” with pop-ups of gift wrap etc which your customer could well purchase. Hint that this also saves them time as they don’t have to shop around or separately for these items.
- Ensure your shipping or postage fees are crystal clear from the start. Abandoned carts or baskets can occur when the customer is slammed with a £5 charge at the end of the process for postage, shipping and packing. Make sure any such charges clear and transparent and the checkout process should be quick, easy and clutter-less.
The Worst Thing You Can Do Is …
Even if you simplify your checkout process, then that’s something.
Here at Digital Zest, we can design, develop and improve your eCommerce platform, so if nothing else, give us a call to see how we can help.
And One Last Thing …
Check the language used on your eCommerce platform.
Is it clear, concise, easily understood and easy to navigate around?
And to enable your customers to have a great user experience on your eCommerce platform, then why not look at the language of your CTAs?
Could they be improved, simplified or rewritten?
So rather than ‘book now’ or ‘buy now’ you could have ‘check availability’ or ‘browse more’.
We hope we’ve given you some food for thought here.
Ecommerce is here to stay, and you need to be at the top of your game.
It might be the best thing you do this year!